Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Irish Cupcakes

I had some pretty grandiose plans for St. Paddy's Day feasts I wanted to create....corned beef & cabbage, like my mom used to make every year, Irish soda bread, Reuben sandwiches (are those even Irish?  It's the corned beef I associate with Irish even though it's not really even Irish), and obviously some baked goodies.  But alas, time got away from me and here it is the eve of St. Paddy's.  I've been working at least 12 hour days, training for my half marathons, volunteering, socializing, taking cooking classes, etc.  Notice sleeping isn't on that list.  Haven't been doing that.  But anyway, at the very least, I had to bake something for one of my favorite holidays of the year!  I found lots of tasty sounding "Irish" sweets, but my favorite was this amazing booze-infused cupcake that I just had to have.  I made them as mini cupcakes...this picture doesn't even do justice for the deliciousness.  But I have about a zillion of them so if you see this & live close to me, you might be lucky enough to have one.


The recipe was easy.  They made the house smell good.  And they're delicious.  And best of all, I have left over Bailey's.  It will take every ounce of self control in my body not to put that in my coffee tomorrow morning....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors